Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cardinal Congregation




A dozen or so bright red cardinals and their orangy mates are visiting our birdfeeders today. They are such a beautiful sight on this gray, semi-snowy day.
I snapped these three soft-focus shots through a window of the sunroom, using a zoom lens and a high ISO setting. It's times like this that I yearn for a bird blind in the yard.
Even if the images are not as sharp as I'd like, they still tell a story of a winter day here in the south.
I love birds, and cardinals are among my very favorite.

3 comments:

Ann crum said...

Those are beautiful birds, for sure! It sleeted and snowed here, too. I was sent home early from work, but B is going to go in tonight anyway. It's a guy thing, I think.

Sixty Something said...

Well, I hope the roads don't get too slick for B to get back home safely...or is there somewhere closer to work that he can bunk if he can't get back to the house?

Ann crum said...

If he has to, he can stay with one of the maintenance men...IF the power got turned back on today. He lives in one of the GB neighborhoods where a transformer blew the other day.

It sleeted here again, pretty hard. Then snowed. Now, the temp is very cold so that stuff won't melt until tomorrow, I guess.