Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

I skipped my exercises again today. After breakfast, while I got ready for the day, Mother came over and put a beef roast in the slow cooker with carrots and onions. Hubbie peeled potatoes. After that, we spent the rest of the morning watching Christmas programs..."Scrooge," with Alastair Sim, and the Christmas parade from Disney World.



By this time it was close to noon. I mashed the potatoes, heated the canned asparagus, and put the fruit salad on the table, and we sat down to our traditional Christmas dinner. Afterward, we continued our movie marathon, with "Miracle on 34th Street, "It's a Wonderful Life," and a Holiday at the Pops program that I recorded several years ago.



We finished our programs about 5:30 p.m., and Mother went home. Around 6:30, Hubbie and I had a supper of cold roast beef sandwiches, and celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese dips. I had a Little Cutie tangerine for dessert, and Hubbie had a slice of rum cake.



After supper, Hubbie's sister and my daughter called to wish us a Merry Christmas, and we chatted with them for quite a while. That was our day, other than watching normal TV fare for the evening.

0 comments: