Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday, Dec. 8

I started the day with water aerobics. The pool temp was tolerable, if not warm. The alternate aerobics leader gave us a good workout, though, which I needed.

I didn't do much for the rest of the morning after I got home, but after lunch, Mother and I went shopping. She wanted to Christmas shop for me, but felt she needed me with her to choose what I wanted. So I got early gifts of a digital bathroom scale, plus five-pound and eight-pound exercise weights. I'm anxious to use the weights, but not so anxious to step on the scale.

While we shopped, Hubbie ran several errands, including taking the Christmas stockings to the bank, and stopping by a grocery store to pick up four cans of icing to use at the gingerbread house workshop on Saturday.

We didn't make a menu for the week, since there are several lunch and supper events coming up, so I began thinking about what to have tonight and tomorrow night. Since there was one pork chop in the freezer, I decided it could be used along with a partial bag of frozen veggies, onion, bell pepper, and canned mushrooms, to make a stir fry, served over instant rice for tonight. Tomorrow night, we'll have potato soup and sandwiches. Another meal has yet to reveal itself to me for Wednesday night.

0 comments: