Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday, July 27

Drat it, I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Tossed and turned until Hubbie woke up around 5 a.m. He couldn't go back to sleep, either, so we finally just got up and watched the morning show on TV.

Otherwise, I kept to my usual morning routine of (unenthusiastically) doing a treadmill session and resistance exercises. Afterward, we carried stuff out to the camper, and then went grocery shopping.

We were back home around 11 a.m. Had a lunch of pimento cheese sandwiches. Then I called to make reservations for two shows in August...one for a dinner theater in our capital city, and the other for a dinner show performed by a community group in a town the same distance away as the capital city. Niece will be performing in that show. Once I had the shows scheduled, Hubbie made reservations at a campground.

In the meantime, Mother put together a giant meatloaf...for our supper tonight, and to take with us on a trip. I discovered, though that we were out of red potatoes for making mashed potatoes. It never fails that right after we've been grocery shopping, we discover that we're out of something. So Hubbie went to a nearby grocery store to fetch some.

I felt heavy-lidded and lead-footed all afternoon, so I tried to nap on the couch, without success. Finally decided to just read the daily blab, and play on my laptop.

At 5 p.m., the meatloaf was done and the potatoes were boiled, so I mashed the taters, and we sat down to supper. We fixed enough potatoes to have leftovers for making potato salad while we are away.

After supper, I accompanied Mother home, and then I went to the college to see a dress rehearsal of a community theater production of a fairytale theater. I attended tonight, because we won't be in town for the actual performances.

A community theater board member wrote a script based on Chicken Little's experience of the sky falling on her head. In this re-make of the story, Chicken Little goes to tell the king, and along the way she not only meets Ducky Lucky, Foxy Loxy, and Henny Penny, but also Little Red Riding Hood, four of the Seven Dwarfs, The Three Bears, Snow White, the Evil Queen, Jack and the Beanstalk and his cow, and the Handsome Prince. My favorite characters were the four dwarfs, which included one very outspoken five-year-old.

The play was late getting started, because it seems some group who used the stage last night, pushed all the scenery back. And since the person in charge of the set hadn't taped the stage for where the set pieces belonged, there was some confusion getting things in order again. So, instead of 6 p.m., the play started at 6:30. It's a very short production, though, so it was over by 7 p.m.

As much as I enjoyed the play, cast with lots of various-aged kids, and a couple of adults, I enjoyed a fabulous rainbow I saw on my way home more. When I got in my car to leave the college, it was sprinkling rain, and the sun was shining at the same time. I knew there must be a rainbow somewhere.

The sun shown brightly to my left as I traveled, while to my right there was a bank of dark clouds and light rain. There, arched in front of the clouds was a wonderful rainbow. It was even more spectacular as I turned right onto the road leading to our house. For two miles, I was treated to an unobstructed view of the colorful display.

Back home, Hubbie and I watched the movie, "Passengers," a 2008, PG-13, feature about a young psychologist (Anne Hathaway), who is assigned to help airplane crash survivors. Different people tell her different things about how the crash happened, and then the passengers start disappearing.

0 comments: