Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, Sept. 26

Up at 6:30 so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. It was a crisp fall morning for the drive up to the college. The sun is lower on the horizon at the 7:30 hour than it was before the time change, so it blinds me on the hilly street leading to the college. It's kind of scary, because I literally can see neither the street nor the shoulder of the street. Even the sun visor didn't help this morning, because the sun blazed just below it.

Fortunately, there was no traffic on the street at this time, and I made it just fine to the college. I was early enough to find a parking space without trouble. The air was nippy for the walk to the pool, but the pool itself was toasty warm. We eight hearty souls who braved the frigid water for so long were joined by fourteen fair-weather friends today.

Back home after aerobics, once I was ready for the day, I accompanied Mother to our house. We didn't have anything planned for the morning. For lunch, we settled for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Afterward, I reviewed the lesson for this afternoon's tutoring session. My student was dealing with the remainder of a head cold she suffered last week. She said she felt better, but she was still coughing and blowing. Hopefully, she is past the contagious stage. I'm not up for catching a cold.

Today, the lesson involved regular verbs: watch/watched; hurry/hurried; cover/covered, etc., and irregular verbs, see/saw; take/took; teach/taught, tear/tore, etc.

We also looked at infinitives: "I told Ann (to wash) the dishes," I told Bob (to do) his homework," I told John (to listen) to me."

The lesson also included prepositions: "We stopped the curtains (from) burning," Ann helped Mother (by) making sandwiches," Ed thanked Jack (for) helping.

Back home, Mother had heated leftover lasagna from yesterday's lunch, which we had with salad, cottage cheese, and leftover whole kernel corn from another meal.

I accompanied Mother home afterward, and then Hubbie and I spent the evening as usual, watching TV, including an episode of "Dancing with the Stars."

0 comments: