Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday, Sept. 6

Up around 8 a.m. this morning. After breakfast, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. I was dressed in my exercise clothes, but didn't get around to doing a session until long after lunch.

Instead, I gathered materials for Mother to make sympathy cards for Caring Hands Hospice. Kept me busy all morning doing rubber stamp sympathy greetings and other designs, looking for appropriate stickers, and suggesting card designs, because Mother has lost a great deal of her creative capabilities. But once I give her a suggestion and see that she has the things necessary for a design, she's able to put cards together. Together, we managed to create six cards.

We stopped for lunch at noon, then resumed card making afterward, working until around 1:30, when Mother tired of the project and was ready to go to the couch for a nap.

While she napped, I did an exercise session. While I cooled down afterward, I wrote a short essay nominating my ESL student for student of the year. Did other computer stuff, as well, and before I knew it, it was already 3:30.

Mother finished her nap, and relaxed until suppertime. After I took care of a computer problem on the PC upstairs (at Hubbie's request), it was time to prepare supper. So I never did shower or get dressed. Holy cow, that has never happened before!

My day was just all turned around, mainly because if Mother is to pursue a project, it has to be in the morning. while she still has energy enough to do it. And she can't do things on her own anymore, so it's necessary for me to assist her. I don't mind this, of course, because I want her to stay active and feel useful.

Around 4 p.m., I put a couple of sweet potatoes in the oven for supper, and then prepared a pan of leftovers, separated into foil packets, which I put in the oven around 4:30.

Tonight's meal pretty much cleaned the fridge out, so I'll need to think of other meals for the next several days.

Since I wasn't dressed to go outside, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house after supper. In the meantime, I showered and donned a housecoat for evening TV.





0 comments: