Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday, July 13

Slept late, until 8 a.m., then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and then he went out to mow the yard.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house, including a few loads of laundry. So far, the filter at the well house seems to be working to keep rust out of the washing machine...no rust on my clothes this time.

Mother worked on a new jigsaw puzzle...she finished one yesterday, and I helped her set up another one this morning before I began my exercises.

After lunch, she went back to her puzzle, while Hubbie and I cleaned the kitchen refrigerator. Hubbie went back to the yard after that, and in a few minutes, he returned with a DVD in a beat up container. He'd found it in the ditch while he was mowing.

I decided to buff it and see if it worked. It's an animated feature, so it was pretty dirty from children handling it. It works, though it has some skips in it, one of which is right at the end of the show. It's a cute movie, though, so I think I'll try to clean it a little more with mild dish detergent (as recommended online). I'm not sure how the DVD ended up in our ditch...maybe a kid accidentally threw it out a car window.

Later, Mother and I prepared a supper of Parmesan potatoes, and turkey burgers on buns. Turkey burgers are not Hubbie's favorite, but he tolerates them. He loves Parmesan potatoes, though.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV.





0 comments: