Friday, March 28, 2008

Say What?

Lately, Mother and I have been making greeting cards from scrapbooking scraps.

"Why is it that yours always turn out so much better than mine?" Mother asked, as she shuffled through her stack of cards today. "Look at this one," she said, holding one up. "It's ugly as sin."

"Mother, I made that one," I said. "It must have accidently gotten into your stack."

"You made it? Oh...well, I just mean it doesn't look finished yet," she stammered.

I laughed. "Actually, I think you really mean that it's as ugly as sin."

"Well, you know my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be...all those dark colors and everything. It just doesn't look like your usual work. It'll look better after you finish it."

Except for lettering it, I thought it was finished. Guess I'd better re-think it!

0 comments: