Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Cell Phones

It was way past time for new cell phones. Hubbie's was six years old. Mine, though only about a year old, was the pits.

I'm no expert with new electronic devices, but Hubbie is hopeless, so it fell to me to study the manual, set up the address books and speed dials in both phones, and then sit down with him to show him how to use the functions.

Entering numbers in the address books was no small order, since most family and friends have two or three numbers (home, cell, work), and often each member of the family has a cell phone. It took a couple of hours to complete the task, by which time my eyes were floating in numbers. I'll probably dream numbers tonight.

Thank goodness...555...it's...123...done now...4567.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

I agree, it's a major chore to put in a new address book! I don't know how yours work, but with mine, you can have several numbers for the same name if you want. However, I like it better when I have each number assigned to only one name, like Sis Cell, Sis Home, etc. Less confusing to me..LOL

Sixty Something said...

Yes, I like them listed individually, too, under Home, Cell, etc. There's enough confusion in our lives without creating more. lol