Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rehab, Toddler Injury, and Meetings

Three new folks have joined the 9 a.m. group at Cardiac Rehab. Two of these are women...an older one, and one who appears to be in her early fifties. Both women seem to be pretty strong, indicating that they were, like me, participating in an exercise routine before their cardiac episodes.



Having so many in attendance,though, means I can't be as choosy about which exercise machines I use. I have favorites, especially the narrower treadmill, but yesterday I was forced to use the very wide one.



Nothing much happened for the rest of the morning following the Rehab session. After lunch, Hubbie and I went a couple of places, including to the cleaners, and to one of the stores that has a sale every weekend. I wanted to apply a $10 coupon I'd gotten in the mail to the store's annual buy two, get one free intimate apparel sale.



When we got home, I found an e-mail from a granddaughter telling us that Great-Granddaughter has an injury that required a doctor's attention. It seems that a couple of weeks ago, one of her legs got caught in a recliner, but she didn't complain of pain until this past Saturday. Now we are awaiting the results of x-rays and blood tests. The doctor took blood tests to rule out infection, though he doesn't think there is one, since Great-Granddaughter isn't running a fever. He thinks she may have what is called a toddler fracture. We'll be on pins and needles until we hear more news about this.



At 5 p.m., I attended an arts council monthly meeting, and at 7:30, I went to a community theater board meeting. Hubbie went with me to that one, since the group planned to have a social hour following the meeting. Several of us brought goodies for it. The baked apple chips that we contributed were a big hit. Another member provided a slow cooker full of meatballs in some sort of white sauce (none for me, please), and others brought grapes, cheese tidbits, chocolate sandwich cookies, and mixed nuts. I opted for the fruits, nuts, and cheese tidbits.

Since it was nearly 10 p.m. by the time we got home, we were ready to watch the news and head to bed.

0 comments: