Thursday, October 9, 2008

Greeting Cards and a Movie




It was pretty nippy this morning when I left for Cardiac Rehab, but warmed up quite a bit by the time I finished the session. One lane of my route to Cardiac Rehab, which I use to avoid construction on another road, was blocked on my trip home this morning, meaning the lane I was in crawled at a snail's pace. Finally, I turned down a side road and meandered through town on this street and that until I got to the road leading to my house.






Hubbie was gone to a monthly Master Gardener's meeting when I got home. So Mother came over, and we made several birthday greeting cards, which we'll use during the next couple of months (16 family members and friends have birthdays starting at the end of this month and continuing through December). The greeting cards shown (ones that I made) are intentionally busy, because they are meant for children and young people.






After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to one of the stores that has a sale every weekend to get a gift card for Hubbie's sister for her birthday, and to the WDCS for several grocery items (milk, mainly, since we were completely out).






When we got home, Mother and I settled in to watch the musical, "Phantom of the Opera," on DVD. We both love this perfect-for-October movie. Hubbie, not a real fan of musicals, went outside to do chores, like washing the truck.






Mother went home after the movie, which ended around suppertime. Hubbie and I had leftovers for supper...a recipe of low-salt, low-fat Salisbury steaks, with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and turnip greens. After that we settled in to watch TV.






0 comments: