Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday, Nov. 23

Yesterday was pretty ordinary. Usually, I skip my exercises on Sunday, but since I missed several days last week, I hopped on the treadmill for a session. We occupied the rest of the morning with routine tasks.



Lunch today was chicken, fried with Pam, mashed potatoes (sans salt, and with fat-free milk), and cream gravy made with low-sodium chicken broth, cornstarch, and fat-free milk, plus a side of Lima beans.



For Sunday music, we chose three CDs...Andrea Bocelli, Il Divo, and Josh Groban.



Mother went home after lunch, and Hubbie and I went to the fairgrounds, where there was a truckload tool sale going on. Usually, there is lots of "stuff" besides tools, but today the pickings were scarce. I was hoping to get one of the advertised TV afghans, which has arm holes sewn into it, making it convenient for reading or doing other activities while watching TV, but none were available. I thought this would be a good item for Mother to use while working jigsaw puzzles or playing card games here at our house.



From the fairgrounds, we went to the other discount store, where I looked for advertised fleece outfits to wear to the swimming pool. No luck there, either. There were ample stacks of fleece wear, but all in sizes large, extra large, and plus sizes. No small or medium sizes at all.



So I picked up a couple of word search puzzle books for Mother, and a round, carpeted scratch box for Mother's new kitten. The box has a hole in it for the kitten to use as a hiding place. These items will become part of Mother's Christmas loot.



I'm constantly on the lookout for things for Mother for Christmas...particularly small items that will become part of her "Twelve Days of Christmas," which has been a tradition for several years. Each of the twelve days before Christmas Eve, I give Mother a small gift, like a tube of favorite brand hand cream, puzzle books, pieces she can add to her Christmas Village, calendars, a favorite baked item that I make, a special "girls only" outing and lunch, etc.



The rest of the afternoon was down time, just relaxing and napping.

0 comments: