Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Luncheon

I skipped water aerobics this morning, so I could be ready by 9:30 a.m. to go the Extension Homemaker Christmas luncheon. The luncheon was held at a local restaurant, about five minutes from our house. Mother and I arrived early, so we could get convenient seating that wouldn't cause Mother to have to weave between tables getting to the buffet bar.

Before lunch, there was a business meeting that included awards. I was hoping Mother would get the fair high point award, but she didn't. She didn't seem to mind, though, saying that she's won the award so many times that she no longer has space on her wall to hang the plaques.

Following the meeting and awards, there was a drawing for door prizes, and I won one that I gave to Mother. Then, there was a gift exchange. Mother got a decorative wooden bird that she gave to me, and I got an organizer purse.

After that, we all filed to the buffet bar, where Mother and I chose diet-friendly foods, like baked chicken, salad, and steamed veggies. By 12:15, we were ready to come home.

At 2 p.m., we went to the Extension Services office to attend a retirement party for the home economics extension agent. We'll really miss this lady, but we understand her need to be home to take care of her aging and ailing mother.

Later, after supper, Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands, starting at the everything's a dollar store to pick up five Christmas stockings to donate on behalf of our scrapbook club to a local bank. The county EH council collects the stockings for the bank, which fills them to be given to disadvantaged children. Over 300 stockings were collected for the bank this year.

From there, we went to the WDCS to get ingredients to make chili to have tomorrow. I put the chili on the simmer after we got back home this evening.

0 comments: