Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday, January 8

Finally, we were able to drift off to sleep right away and stay asleep all night last night, but we still got up late this morning. Right after breakfast, I hopped on the treadmill, and Hubbie got ready to go to a 10 a.m. Master Gardener meeting.

Later, Mother came over, and we did this and that until lunch. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the art gallery and the bank, and then to the other store that has a sale every weekend, where I bought a black knit turtleneck shirt (which is Mother's birthday gift to me). Our last stop was the WDCS for a few incidentals and grocery items for this weekend, when family will be here to celebrate my birthday.

We were surprised and pleased that this evening's newspaper featured a photo of Daughter and three great-grandchildren working on the graham cracker Christmas mini-houses. The art gallery director submitted the photo (which I had provided to her) to the paper, but somehow there was a miscommunication between her and whoever she sent the photo to, because the info under the photo identified my daughter as me. Folks who see this photo will wonder how I dropped 20 plus years off my age! The names of the great-grandkids are not listed, but I'll make copies of the picture for family, anyway.

Another item in the paper announced that a fund has been set up to help the family of the man who was injured in an accident that catapulted him and his truck into our yard on Thanksgiving eve. The accident left the man with broken ribs and several shattered vertebrae that required surgery. He spent 32 days in critical care, and is now, sadly, paralyzed from the waist down.

Nothing much else happened today. We had leftover chili-mac, with leftover veggies for supper, after which Hubbie decided to try his hand at making dog biscuits for Shih Tzu.

This evening, we watched "The Golden Bowl," an R-rated movie that I'd recorded on DVR. It is based on a Henry James novel about an early 1900s love triangle involving a man who marries an heiress, but has an affair with his young mother-in-law, who is obsessed with him. There is no language, and no nude love scenes.

0 comments: