Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday, February 13

Whoa! Friday the 13th! Well, it's 8:30 p.m. as I write this, and so far, the day has been good...busy, but good.

I started the morning at water aerobics, where the pool was nippy until I got used to it. After I got home and ready for the day, I spent the rest of the morning in various activities, including making phone calls, uploading photos from yesterday's Go Red Luncheon and sending them to the WDCS to be printed, choosing and sending a birthday e-card to a friend, etc.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to a grocery store to take advantage of free and reduced price items, and to the WDCS to get deli meats, cheese and other items for the birthday lunch at Son's house tomorrow, and finally to pick up the barbecued ribs that Hubbie bought as a contribution to a school fundraising effort.

While we were at the WDCS, I wanted to get the optician at the optometrist's office to straighten out my eyeglasses. When I tried to put them on this morning, I found that they were sort of mangled. The only thing I could figure out to cause the damage was that yesterday, in the models' change area, someone must have stepped on my makeup bag, where I'd put my eyeglasses (in their case). Since there was no place else to put the bag, I had laid it on the floor.

Unfortunately, the optician was on lunch break and wasn't due to return until 3 p.m. So we completed our shopping, and then visited a gas station before coming back home. Later, we returned to the office, where I was told there is a broken piece in the bow of my glasses, and while they were able to temporarily straighten them, I will probably need to get a new pair. I guess it's fate's way of letting me know I'm overdue for an eye exam.

On the way to the optometrist's office, we stopped at a shop that carries a purse I used with one of the outfits I modeled yesterday. It is a black patent leather clutch purse with a bow front that I thought might look nice with a couple of my dressy outfits. I changed my mind about it, though, when I saw the $45 price tag. Thanks, but no thanks.

Back home, we gathered everything we'll need to take with us tomorrow, whereupon we realized we'd need more canned chicken broth to add to the recipe of chicken soup tomorrow. So after supper, off we went to a grocery store, again. While we were there, I picked up a couple of cartons of on-sale fat-free chocolate ice cream.

For supper, we had the barbecued ribs, with steamed new potatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash, topped with onions. After supper, Hubbie and I watched "Postal Inspector 2 - A Shred of Evidence," a year 2000, R-rated movie about identity theft I recorded from an Encore channel. It stars Louis Gossett Jr., Jonathan Silverman and Michael Madsen.

0 comments: