Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday, February 11

A severe thunderstorm woke us up at 2:30 this morning. Small tree branches and gum balls pelted the roof in high winds, and it hailed. I turned on the TV, but all three of the regular news channels were off the air. So I turned to a channel in a town east of us.



The first thing announced was the winner of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, drat it. I wanted to watch the show, which I'd recorded on DVR, and try to see if I could pick the winner. Anyway, I learned we were in a tornado watch area, but the storm blew over in about an hour, and all was well.



However, Hubbie failed to set the alarm clock, so naturally we overslept, and I did not go to water aerobics. I did a session on the treadmill, instead. I spent the rest of the morning doing this and that...making reservations for an upcoming college/community theater collaborative effort play next week, contacting the coordinator of the hospice group to try to set a meeting for next week, and E-mailing members of Congress about including the arts in the stimulus package funding.

This afternoon, Hubbie and Mother went with me to the college where the Go Red Luncheon will be held, so I could rehearse the fashion show. Four of us will be modeling clothes...three heart attack survivors, and one other lady.

The room is already brightly decorated in red and white...red and white netting streams from a center point of the ceiling, the tables have white tablecloths, with red napkins, and the chair backs feature red covers. Centerpieces are very tall, clear vases with white-branch arrangements tucked down inside. Each chair holds a goodie bag of information and "stuff."

Before we started the fashion show rehearsal, we previewed the survivor video. The program coordinators, along with the high school students who filmed the video, did a good job of editing, so the three of us look and sound fine. I hope we'll be given a copy of the video.

What bothers me is how short the time is between models...it's going to be intense trying to change outfits in the short time allotted.

We got back home about 6:30 p.m., had supper, and then listened to the radio as our favorite college basketball team played, once again, to a disappointing loss. As usual, they started like Gang Busters in the first half, and then fizzled in the second half.

0 comments: