Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday, February 24

I woke up feeling awful this morning, so I didn't get on the treadmill. I felt like I was feverish, too, but couldn't check my temperature, because I couldn't find the thermometer. We looked in all the usual places where we keep medical supplies, with no luck. This prompted Hubbie to sort through various bottles and packages of old vitamins, allergy meds, etc., and discard out-of-date ones.

The thermometer didn't turn up, though. Finally, this evening, he decided to look in the camper, which is where he found it. By then, though, my fever had passed. But since I've spent the day sneezing and blowing and coughing, I won't be going to water aerobics tomorrow.



Mother came over mid-morning. I was in the process of chopping veggies for chicken noodle soup, and she joined in. After that, except for adding some decorative elements, we finished the scrapbook pages of the "Go Red for Women Luncheon."



The chicken noodle soup was delicious and warming for lunch, served with rolls that we brought back from the buffet restaurant yesterday. The waitress brought us another basket of rolls at my request (because I thought Hubbie wanted more), but then none of us ate them, which made me feel guilty for ordering them. We figured the rolls would be discarded anyway, so we wrapped them up to bring home.


After lunch, Mother went home for a while, and I continued the John Grisham novel, "The Associate," that I began yesterday. After about 50 pages, though, I got too drowsy to continue.

Later, Mother came back and put together a meatloaf, which we had with mashed potatoes and green beans. TV fare tonight was the Presidential Address to Congress.

0 comments: