Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday, May 8

Once again, because swimming competitions are being held at the college, the water in the pool is being kept very chilly, so it was uncomfortable this morning. Of course, after I'm in the water for a while, it becomes tolerable. But I sure would enjoy it more if it was warmer.

Besides the pool being chilly, the female competitors left the ladies room in a mess...puddles of water all over the floor, and wet toilet paper all over the bathroom stalls. Yuk.

Even though it was warm and muggy when I went to the pool this morning, I was chilled when I got back. So it felt good to warm up in a hot shower.

I didn't accomplish much for the rest of the morning. Mother came over just before noon, and we each had different things for lunch. Mother opted for scrambled egg substitute and toast, Hubbie had a PB&J sandwich, and I had a lettuce, tomato, and Vidalia onion sandwich, with light salad dressing, and cottage cheese served on the side. I know it sounds like a strange sandwich, but it's good. Of course, I needed plenty of mouthwash, toothpaste, and breath fresheners afterwards.

After lunch, Mother set up a jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the greeting card store, where I used a $3 coupon that was due to expire at the end of this month; to the everything's a dollar store, where I got more greeting cards; and to the WDCS for incidentals and groceries.

Nothing important happened for the rest of the afternoon. For supper, we had Parmesan talapia fish, with macaroni and cheese, and whole kernel corn. Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie and I spent the evening, as usual, watching TV.

It was a pretty ordinary and dull day, which was just fine with us.

0 comments: