Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday, July 30

We awoke to a gloomy day, threatening rain. I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises right after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I ironed clothes and sorted through outfits, choosing what I'll want to take on our next trip. We want to be prepared for every weather contingency in Michigan.

While I was doing that, Hubbie took the van to a service station to have the oil changed. Then he studied maps and looked for campgrounds along our trip route, and I spent some time reading the third novel by Stephanie Meyer, "Eclipse," which I finished by the end of the day.

Since tonight was weigh-in night for Mother and me at Weight Watchers, I had only a small lunch of a slice of buttered toast, with half a cup of milk. Hubbie microwaved a burrito for his lunch. Afterward, I went to the store that has a sale every weekend to look for a pair of navy slacks for Mother. She didn't feel up to shopping.

I found a petite pair that I thought she'd like, as well as a cute pink and white plaid blouse on the clearance rack for myself. It was raining just a little when I left the house, but came a downpour while I was in the store. So I waited a while, looking through other clothing racks, until the rain eased, before I left the store.

Back home, Mother tried on the slacks, which fit nicely. Even though they are petite they are still several inches too long for her 4'11' inch height, so she'll have to hem them.

I didn't accomplish much else for the afternoon, besides reading my novel. Mother came over around 4:30, and we went to Weight Watchers. The scales showed she lost a half pound, and I lost one pound. We stayed only long enough to pick up lots of new recipes, before coming home and heating leftover chicken noodle soup and bran muffins for supper. We had slices of a very good, sweet cantaloupe for dessert.

Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie and I read our novels for an hour, before watching TV. When I'd finished the novel, "Eclipse," I started the last one in the series, "Breaking Dawn."

Then we watched the movie, "Rising Sun," with Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, and Harvey Keitel. It's original rating is "R," but for TV, it's rated TV-14. Based on a novel by Michael Crichton, a detective and a retired cop team up to solve the mystery of the murder of a call girl in a Japanese big-business boardroom.

0 comments: