Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ouch!!

I'd already posted my blog last night, when I noticed how drowsy Hubbie looked, sitting in his recliner.

"Are you nearly unconscious and ready for bed?" I asked.

"No, I'm fine," he said.

"Well, your eyes (at least the one I could see) are nearly closed."

He turned to me, and omigosh!, his eyelid was swelling shut, and his eye was bloodshot. All around it were red blotches, threatening to turn to bruises.

"What on earth did you do to yourself?!" I asked, anxiously.

"Well, I was checking on the kittens, and it was dark in the garage, and I leaned over to get a better look, and I came down hard on the metal handle of the yard wagon."

"Why didn't you tell me you'd hurt yourself," I asked.

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice my eye until tomorrow morning," he said.

"Not notice! How could I not notice??"

"I didn't want to worry you," he said. "Do you think I should see the eye doctor?"

Well, yes, I thought he should see the eye doctor, even though he assured me his eyeball didn't hurt. I suggested he put an ice pack on it, just the same, to help reduce the swelling.

This morning at 8 a.m., he called the doctor, and the receptionist said to come right in. Fortunately, the examination revealed that he'd done no permanent damage, and that the eye required no medication. All it requires is time to heal. In the meantime, he looks like he's been in a fist fight.

His eye is a nice addition to a long scratch down his forehead, where he ran into a limb while mowing the yard yesterday.

"If anyone asks," he joked, "I'll tell them you punched me.

"Don't you dare," I warned, "or I'll tell them that you whacked me and caused the bruise under my jaw." I do have a bruise under my jaw, but it was caused by my blood thinner medication.

The two of us are ugly wrecks, right now!

0 comments: