Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday, September 14

Started the day with water aerobics this morning. It was a drizzly day, so my fleece wear felt good. The dressing room was frigid, as usual, and the water was cool but felt good once I was got used to it.

Our leader was a little glum this morning, because a lady friend of hers, in her 80s, died over the weekend. Our leader is in her sixties, my age. She is a retired teacher, as was the lady who died. Mother and I met the lady a couple of times at "water babes" luncheons.

It was lightly raining when I left the gym after water aerobics, just enough to need my umbrella as I climbed the hill to my car, but the temperature was moderately warm, and there was no wind, so the walk was quite pleasant.

Back home, after I was ready for the day, I planned the menu for the week, and then went upstairs to my computer, where I printed out information about attractions in our capital city for when we camp there next week. While I was doing this, Hubbie ran errands.

Mother stayed at her house until after lunch. When she came over, we continued working on the screen door Christmas cards. We now have eleven of them ready for decorations and greetings.

Around 2 p.m., Hubbie and I ran errands...to the Post Office, to the health food store, to a dollar store for greeting cards (where I buy two-for-a-dollar generic ones for those extra people on my birthday card list), to the other discount store (where I bought a stack of word search magazines for Mother for Christmas), and to the WDCS for a few grocery items.

It was 4 p.m. by the time we got back home and time to round up supper, which was leftovers from yesterday...Cajun turkey roast, oven fried potatoes, crowder peas, grape tomatoes, plus biscuits with cherry preserves.

Later, we watched a Masterpiece Theater mystery from the public television channel.

0 comments: