Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Got up around 8 a.m. to a smattering of snow that dusted the roof of the house and the van. Not exactly a white Christmas. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and weights exercises. Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and put a beef roast and veggies in the slow cooker.

Then Hubbie decided to scratch off his lottery tickets. He won $30, a $10 gain on the $20 I'd paid for the tickets. Of course, it was a $30 gain for him. When I bought the tickets at the grocery store this week, the clerk said lots of folks were buying them to use as stocking stuffers.

While the beef was cooking, we spruced the house for company. The beef, with carrots and onions, was delicious served with mashed potatoes (Hubbie peeled the potatoes, and I mashed them after they were cooked), gravy, canned asparagus, and fruit salad that I'd made yesterday. We also had mouthwatering yeast rolls that we'd bought from a local restaurant.

After lunch, we set the tables with alternating poinsettia patterned and plain green place mats, and alternating white and green dinner plates, alternating white and green bowls, and clear stemmed goblets, for the soup and sandwich lunch tomorrow, when Hubbie's family comes. We expect thirteen to come, so there will be sixteen of us for lunch.

After that, we watched a couple of Christmas programs....the Disney World Christmas Parade, the St. Olaf Christmas concert, and the animated features, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," and "The Little Drummer Boy."

Then Hubbie and I went upstairs to straighten the office, since tomorrow, Nephew plans to load a program into my computer for transferring audio tapes to CDs, and then teach me how to use it. Nephew is a technology teacher.

Mother went home later in the afternoon, and Hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.

0 comments: