Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday, December 20

A special day today...Son's birthday. Happy Birthday, Son.

We were up by 6:30 a.m. this morning, and I skipped my exercises again in order to get ready for a visit from Daughter and family. Since they planned to be here at lunch time, Hubbie and I ran to the WDCS for sandwich makings and other groceries.

Daughter arrived around 10:30, along with Granddaughter and her husband, and two great-grandsons. We had a good visit. Daughter brought gifts for Mother and me...acrylic nativity scene Christmas tree ornaments. Daughter also brought Hubbie and me a gift...a bottle of Riesling wine...from Granddaughter and her husband, who lives in Michigan.

Daughter and Granddaughter enjoyed helping Mother work on the jigsaw puzzle before lunch. For lunch, we served deli turkey, ham, and cheeses, along with herb and garlic flat bread for wraps. With these, we had a choice of tortilla chips or pretzels, and cottage cheese, as well as crackers and a variety of dips and an Italian cream cheese ball. Dessert was rum cake and several types of homemade cookies.

Daughter and group left about 2 p.m., and we spent the rest of the afternoon being lazy. I helped Mother finish the jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie read the Sunday newspaper. Later, we had a supper of braised pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, and canned vegetables.

Just as I was sitting down to supper, my friend from Springfield called, and we chatted for a while. My supper had cooled by the time I got back to the table, but it was still okay.

Mother went home shortly after supper, and Hubbie and I watched a movie..."The Color of Freedom," an R-rated film about Nelson Madella's personal prison guard, who shifts his alliance from racism to Mandella's fight to end racial segregation in south Africa.

0 comments: