Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday, December 2

We were up at 6 a.m. this morning, because Mother had a follow-up appointment with her ophthalmologist, and she insisted that Hubbie take her so that I could go to water aerobics. At 7:30, Hubbie dropped me at the college gym and then took Mother to meet her 8 a.m. appointment.

It was a cold, rainy morning, requiring coats, gloves, and umbrellas. When I arrived, ladies in the dressing room said that on Monday the water was nice and warm. I didn't attend on Monday, but I figured the water would still be warm today. Instead, the maintenance guy had added water to the pool, which hadn't had time to heat, yet. Br-r-r, it was chilly.

Thirteen of us braved it, anyway, because there are only four more days of water aerobics before the college closes for the holidays, and we won't return until the middle of January.

Today, I learned we will gather for a "Water Babes" Christmas luncheon December 11. Mother was glad to hear that, since she enjoys this little get-together. Also, one of the ladies invited me (and Mother) to attend a "Cup of Cheer" gathering at her house on December 10. She invited the other ladies at the pool last Monday. This lady lives in our neighborhood.

Mother's appointment went very well. She's so thrilled about the clear vision in her left eye that she scheduled surgery for the right eye on December 29. Having the cataracts removed will give her a new lease on life, because she will be able to fully enjoy crafting and other activities that require good eyesight.

She has been in a very happy mood all day. "Having cataract surgery even fixed my TV!" she declared. For a long time, she has complained about the poor quality of the picture on her set. Actually, she needs a new TV, but at least she can see the old one better now.

For a change, I stayed home the rest of the day doing things related to the holidays, including redecorating the outdoor Christmas wreath.

Then, because somehow I forgot to watch President Obama's speech last night, I went online to watch it at a news network site.

For supper, we had leftover spaghetti, with a side of coleslaw. Mother went home after that, and Hubbie and I watched TV, including our favorite college basketball team as they played to a loss. Again. Rats.

0 comments: