Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday, January 2

I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep until around 5:30, and then I slept until 8:30. Hubbie was already up taking the ornaments off the Christmas tree in the living room. I joined him in that activity until we had all the ornaments wrapped in tissue and lovingly stored in a plastic tote.

We had breakfast after that, and then I did a treadmill session and weights exercises. Mother came over while I was doing that and worked on her jigsaw puzzle. While I was getting ready for the day, she and Hubbie put canned tomatoes and other veggies into the food processor to make tomato soup for lunch.

It was nearly 11 a.m. before I was ready for the day. During lunch, Mother and I watched the Tournament of Roses Parade that I'd recorded on DVR, while Hubbie took the Christmas ornaments off the tree in the sun room.

Then Mother went back to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I watched our favorite college basketball team play. Unfortunately, they lost by one point.

By this time, it was getting too dark in the sun room to work at putting the Christmas ornaments away. There are lights out there, but they are subdued and not adequate enough for anything but getting in and out of the hot tub.

Supper was leftovers...chili mac, sauteed cabbage, and glazed carrots. Mother went home after that, and Hubbie and I settled in to watch our favorite college football team play their bowl game. I'd recorded the game for a while before we began watching it, so we could fast forward through the commercials. And yay! Our team won in a heart-stopping overtime.

Re: commercials: in the waiting room of the ophthalmologist's office, one lady complained of how many commercials there are during TV programs.

"Years ago," she said, "there were only a couple of commericials during a show....just time enough to go to the bathroom."

"That's right," said another lady. "But now there are so many commercials that you have time to go to your neighbor's bathroom."

0 comments: