Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday, January 3

We slept late this morning, and then were surprised to see about an inch of snow on the ground. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises, and then hopped into my clothes to go outside and take pictures of the white stuff before it melted away (see photos in previous blog). As it turned out the snow stayed around all day, so I needn't have been in such a hurry to get outside.

By the time I took the pictures, uploaded them to my computer, and downloaded them to my blog, it was already lunch time.

We had pork chops baked with onions and apple juice, along with leftover blackeyed peas and Parmesan baked potatoes. After lunch, Mother continued with her jigsaw puzzle, while Hubbie and I put away the ornaments from the Christmas tree in the sun room. Then we put away all the other Christmas decorations around the house. Mother helped with this task.

The only thing remaining is the Christmas village on the mantel. I leave this up through January, as a winter scene.

After that, I helped Mother with the jigsaw puzzle, and we completed it around 4:30 p.m. Usually, we complete five or six puzzles during the holidays, but this year, we only had time to do three.

Mother went home shortly after we finished the puzzle, and Hubbie and I watched TV. One of the movies we saw was "Danika," a 2006 R-rated thriller starring Mareisa Tormei. The character, Danika, who has paranoid fears for the safety of her children following her husband's infidelity with their nanny, begins having both nightmare and daydream premonitions of deaths and disasters.

0 comments: