Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday, May 21

Today is Great-Granddaughter's third birthday. Happy Birthday, Great-Granddaughter!



Wakeful last night...the last time I looked at the clock, it was 3:30 a.m. Needless to say, I was practically catatonic when we got up at 7:30 this morning. Skipped my exercises. Just didn't feel up to it.



Got some paperwork done, and did household chores before lunchtime. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the bank, to a grocery store, and to the Extension Office to pick up fair books, and then to the WDCS for groceries. Here, I had to stand in line two forevers to get deli turkey and cheese. I always dread having to visit the deli. There is usually only one lady working back there to serve a line of impatient shoppers. No matter what day of the week, or what time of the day I visit the deli, there is invariably a line waiting to be served.



Lately, I have hated shopping at the WDCS anyway, not only because of inadequate staffing, but because the store has eliminated many of my favorite food brands in favor of their house brands. The house brands are admittedly less expensive, but they are also sometimes inferior in quality. We have decided to try the house brands, and if we're not satisfied, we'll search for our favorite brands at other local grocery stores. We are already buying quite a few things at other stores. I'm all for saving money, but I'm also interested in getting a quality product, even if it costs a little more.



Later this afternoon, I made a quadruple batch of whole wheat pancake batter. Hubbie did the honor of cooking the pancakes. We had some for supper, and then bagged the rest for the freezer. They do nicely when heated in the oven. We have enough of a supply for a few months now. We had the pancakes with sugar free syrup, scrambled egg substitute, and turkey bacon.



Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie and I did our usual TV watching. Started with the movie, "80 Minutes," a 2008 R-rated film. A guy is waiting at home to celebrate his birthday with his girlfriend, Instead, an old friend, from whom he borrowed $15,000, grabs him and ties him to a chair. He is injected with a poison, and has 80 minutes to come up with the money, in order to get the antidote. Figured this one out before we were very far into the movie.

0 comments: