Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday, June 14

Today is Flag Day, so we hung our American flags in honor of it.Flag Day, of course, commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened by a resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.

We were up at 6:30 this morning so I could go to water aerobics. The water in the pool was cool, but felt good once I got used to it. It was a refreshing session, and I really enjoyed it.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I uploaded photos of the wedding to a one-hour service, and to a social network. Then I busied myself doing things to get ready for Hubbie's birthday party on Thursday.

Mother came over mid-morning and helped with sprucing the kitchen. She also put brown rice into the electric rice steamer to have with a supper of Swiss steak, green beans, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and sourdough bread.

After that, we relaxed for a while, and looked at photos of the wedding on the social network, and caught up with family comings and goings and doings.

After supper, Mother went home, Hubbie went out to mow the yard, and I posted blogs about our camping trip last weekend on my blog (see previous postings).

The rest of the evening was spent in front of TV.

Note: getting a letter from one of my friends in Texas provided a bright spot to the day. Friend wanted to wish Hubbie a happy birthday. This is a lady who, when she learns someone's birth date, never forgets it. I don't know how she does it. It was a newsy letter about her family, and I enjoyed it. E-mail is fine, but it's still special to receive snail mail from a friend.

0 comments: