Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday, June 8

Up at 7:30, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. After that, I took care of paperwork related to an upcoming photography workshop in the capital city.



Later, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the Post Office, to a pharmacy/grocery store, to a roadside stand to get another cantaloupe (the one Hubbie got yesterday was sweet and good, though it was trucked in from another state), and to the WDCS for a few more groceries. We discovered we didn't have potatoes to go with our pork roast and veggies for supper.



Back home, after lunch, I started to make banana pudding to use some of the the 20 cents a pound bananas I picked up at the grocery store yesterday, but found that I didn't have vanilla wafers. Also there was no egg substitute thawed. So Hubbie ran to the grocery store again to pick up the wafers, while I put a carton of egg substitute in a bowl of cold water to thaw.



In the , I meanttime, I booted my laptop so Mother could catch up on family happenings on a social network, including viewing posted photos, like ominous-looking roiling clouds, taken by Niece yesterday in a town about two hours south of us, a blue-icing-on-the-mouth photo of Great-Grandson eating birthday cake, snapshots of yummy looking cucumber relish, canned yesterday by Son and Daughter-in-Law, pics of Granddaughter's thriving veggie garden, and photos of Brother and his wife posted by a Niece in New York.



Once the egg substitute was thawed, I made a cooked vanilla pudding. Besides the egg substitute, I used sugar substitute, and fat-free milk. With the reduced fat vanilla wafers and bananas, the dessert is diet-friendly.



At 5 p.m., I went to an art gallery visual arts committee meeting, where we discussed plans for a summer celebration event on June 21, that will include entertainment, live and silent auctions, and food and drink. As a committee member, I'll help with setting up the event venue I usually also contribute a framed photo for the silent auction, but I failed to get anything ready in time this year. Oh, well.

At 7 p.m., I went to a community theater board meeting, where upcoming plays were discussed, and new board officers were elected. I was asked to be secretary, but declined with the stipulation that I would act as backup secretary when the elected one couldn't be there. In past years, I served as secretary many times. I'm not up for it now. I do have another year of a two-year term to serve on the board, however. I'll decide next summer if I want to continue.

I got back home around 8:30, and Hubbie and I enjoyed helpings of banana pudding and watching a one-hour TV show before bedtime.

0 comments: