Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, July 11

Up around 7:30, but skipped my exercises. With all the walking I did last week, I figured I needed a break. Mother came over (with Hubbie's help) about 9 a.m. She prepared carrots and onions for a pork roast that I seasoned, browned and put into the slow cooker.

Since we didn't have enough carrots, Hubbie went to the nearest grocery store to get more, as well as a few other items. While he was there, he spoke with the pharmacist about getting a few capsules of a medication I take for blood pressure control. I only had one capsule left, and my prescription has expired, so the pharmacist needs to contact my doctor to get the prescription updated before he can fill it. The pharmacist provided four capsules at no charge.

After that, it was Sunday as usual...programming the DVR, doing laundry, reading the newspaper, playing on the computer.

The pork roast and veggies, with mashed potatoes, gravy, grape tomatoes from the garden, and applesauce, was very good.

Following lunch, we all hopped in the van (well, Mother didn't exactly hop), and went to a town about 20 minutes away to get a couple of watermelons from our favorite watermelon farmer. The farmer also gave us two overripe cantaloupes for Shih Tzu...no charge for these.

Mother went home (with my help) after we got back, and Hubbie and I enjoyed generous servings of watermelon before relaxing...he napping and playing with the kittens, and I uploading photos to a social network.

In the middle of the afternoon, a thunderstorm cropped up, and we got quite a bit of much-needed rain. Some parts of the state had tornado warnings.

Later, Hubbie and I fixed French toast, scrambled eggs, and coffee for supper, and then watched TV. Tonight, we watched a Lifetime Movie Network feature called, "Judicial Indiscretion," about a woman judge, who becomes a nominee for the Supreme Court. Just before the presidential selection, she is raped, posing the problem of whether or not to reveal the rape.

0 comments: