Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday, August 20

Up late this morning at nearly 8 a.m., but did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over as I was getting ready for the day and organized the scrapbooking and card making materials from our recent projects. Things just seem to get in a chaotic jumble when we work.

Once I was dressed, I uploaded photos from yesterday's meeting and printed copies. Then I wrote a short report for Extension Services, noting how we used the $100 grant money. I included the photos, and then Hubbie took the information to the ES office on his way to a chiropractor session this afternoon. It was due by September 1, so I'm glad to have it out of my hair.

After that, I joined Mother in organizing scrapbook materials. We didn't do much else until lunchtime, and after lunch, we continued with our organizing until around 3 p.m. Then Mother napped until suppertime, and I played on my computer.

For supper, I fixed biscuits and white gravy, with a combination of scrambled egg substitute mixed with fresh eggs (that are not of the tainted variety...ours are from our own state). This is another of Hubbie's favorite meals. I don't fix it very often, though, since it isn't the healthiest choice.

After supper, we got a recorded message from our cable company apologizing for the interruption in Internet and TV service the last two days. The explanation was that a fiber optic line that our company and other company share was accidentally cut. So now our company plans to install its own separate line. I expect that we'll soon be receiving a coupon for a free pay-per-view movie.

Later, we watched the movie, "Neverwas," a 2005, PG-13 feature starring Aaron Eckhart, Ian McKellen, William Hurt, Bill Bellamy, and Michael Moriarty, along with Jessica Lange and Nick Nolte. In this film, a young psychiatrist returns to his home town and is employed by an institution where he once lived. Here, he deals with a patient who lives the fantasy of a children's book that the psychiatrist's father wrote. Along the way, the psychiatrist learns some truths about his own past.

0 comments: