Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tuesday, August 17

Up at 7 a.m. and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over after I was ready for the day, and I helped her plan scrapbook pages of Niece's wedding.



One of the scrapbook members called this morning to say she won't be able to make it to our meeting, since she has medical appointments in another town. So it'll just be the three of us to work on scrapbooks this month.



While I was at the phone (an old-fashioned land line...wonder when these will become obsolete?), I called my beauty shop to make an appointment for a haircut next week.

I did a couple of more loads of laundry this morning. Can't seem to come to the end of the laundry this week, which has included some hand washing, since I made the mistake of buying a couple of items that can't be washed in the machine. Also, since I'm prone to wearing my food, I had items that needed special attention to remove stains.

Didn't do much during the afternoon, other than start a steamer of brown rice cooking, after which Mother spent some time catching up on e-mail messages, blog narratives, and social network chatter. Around 3 p.m., our Internet went down, so that was the end of computer activity for the rest of the day.

For supper, Mother fixed Autumn apple pork chops, which we had with the brown rice, and a choice of butter beans or Lima beans. Sort of a colorless meal, though it all tasted delicious. She went home after that, and Hubbie and I spent time getting rid of stuff in my office. For months, rather than throwing away paper from the computer printer, I've saved it thinking I could use the back sides for some projects (a very green recycling idea), but I haven't. Instead, it created an unsightly mess, so we cut some of it into note papers and discarded the rest.

Then we cut the address labels off a stack of photography and office organizing magazines (some dating back to 1994), and discarded those. It's a start on paring down the "stuff" in my house. I don't know why we cling to things so long. I think some things accumulate just because we don't think to trash them in a timely manner....like magazines. Other things, like clothing, we believe we might one day wear again, but never do.

I'm hoping to sort and organize at least one shelf in my office each evening that we aren't scheduled for some other activity.

Later, Hubbie and I watched a movie..."The Least of These," starring Isaiah Washington, Robert Loggia and others. In this 2008, PG-13 movie, a young priest (Washington) returns as a teacher to the boys school he once attended. He is replacing a priest that disappeared under mysterious circumstances. He begins to suspect murder because of dark secrets. He also has to confront his own past.

0 comments: