Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday, August 9

Up around 7 a.m. and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house before I got on the treadmill, so I gathered photos of Niece's wedding for her so she could begin working on scrapbook pages.



After I exercised, I printed photos of my sons for making scrapbook pages. One page will feature my oldest son playing guitar with his band, and the other will feature my youngest son posed as a farmer behind a pile of corn he grew in his garden.



Then I spent quite a bit of time at my computer looking for photos to submit to our state newspaper for a coffee table book they will be printing. Getting into the book depends on folks voting for favorite photos. Being published in the book gives the photographers opportunities to be seen by advertisers and others who might want to purchase images from the photographers. And, of course, it's a way for the newspaper to make money, since those who appear in the book will want to buy it.



Time got away from me, and it was 11 a.m. before I finished that project. Since I hadn't dressed yet, I hit the shower and got ready for the rest of the day. Then I listed everything we had in the fridge and pantry that might appeal to Mother for lunch, and she settled for a fried egg sandwich. She says she doesn't get hungry anymore, but will eat if food is put in front of her. She has even lost her appetite for coffee, which she used to drink by the gallons.



After lunch, Mother peeled and quartered garden tomatoes to be stewed, and then she napped on the couch, while I continued doing things at my computer. Later, she stewed the tomatoes and put leftovers in the oven for our supper.



We bagged the tomatoes for the freezer after supper, and then I accompanied Mother back to her house. At home, I did a few more computer tasks before Hubbie and I watched TV.



We saw "Eagle Eye," a 2008, PG-13 movie. Described as a "cell phone thriller," it's a far-fetched action film that asks viewers to really, really suspend disbelief that the government can tap into cell phone conversations, even if the phones are off, and that a computer brain could, of its own volition, get a notion to kill off the current president and his administration and install its own administration. And it could do this by controlling our heroes through cyber terrorism. At least I think that's what it was about. Not sure. Lots of car chases and running from place to place.

0 comments: