Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Greeting Card

Making this greeting card with quilled elements was my project for today. It's based on a pattern from a magazine, but the one featured called for a pre-made card that already had four windows cut into the front.

Instead, I had to first make a template of windows. I'm not handy with a ruler, or with dividing fractions, so it was a struggle, but I finally managed it. My carpenter son would never hire me onto his construction crew!

The card itself is tri-fold white cardstock. I used the template to cut windows in the first layer of the card front, then used the template again to cut windows in the brown handmade paper. I taped this to the front of the card. Then I quilled the leaf design elements and glued them into the window openings. Brown brads completed the design.

Now, I need to choose a birthday greeting for the inside, and then the card will be ready to send to Mother's and my friend, whose birthday is next week.

0 comments: