Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Began the day by flying the American Flag in honor Veteran's Day.

We were up around 7 a.m., and I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I spent the rest of the morning completing the second of two online courses for the Literacy Council.

While I was doing this, Hubbie went to his monthly Master Gardener meeting. He was back home about the same time that I completed the course.

Mother came over at noon, and we had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Afterward, Mother and I went to the local Catholic Church fellowship hall for a baked goods sale. I bought a German stollen (a bread-like fruitcake), a fresh apple cake, and four cinnamon rolls. Mother bought muffins to have with our supper tonight. We wrapped the stollen and the apple cake for the freezer to have during the holidays.

Then Mother and I prepared vegetables for potato soup. While Mother put the soup together, Hubbie and I ran errands...to two different pharmacies, to the health store, and to the WDCS.

When we got back home, I grabbed my camera and went outdoors to snap images of the flag on the well house, the pumpkin I'd decorated as a turkey earlier in the afternoon, and a basket of the winter squashes that volunteered in the compost heap and a flower bed.

The potato soup and muffins hit the spot for supper. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I did the usual.

It was a beautiful, warm fall day today, with temp about 80 degrees, and lots of sunshine. But I'm not liking that it gets dark by around 5 p.m.

0 comments: