Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday, Dec. 1

November flew by, and now here it is December already. I thought I'd be done with my Christmas decorating today, but there's still more to do. Surely, I'll finish up tomorrow.

Up at 7:30 this morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother came over mid-morning, but didn't feel like doing much. So she relaxed while Hubbie and I finished decorating the Christmas tree in the sunroom, and added details to the Christmas village on the mantel.

At 11:15, Hubbie dropped me off at the beauty shop, while he ran a couple of errands. Back home afterwards, we had a soup lunch that Mother had prepared while we were gone. Each of us had a different variety...Mother chose Ramen noodle, while Hubbie had leftover homemade tomato, and I had leftover homemade split pea.

Then Hubbie and I went to the WDCS for a few groceries. At home, I gathered and stored some of the regular living room and dining room decorations to make room for the nativity set, and other Christmas paraphernalia.

Around 4 p.m., I began preparations for a breakfast-for-supper meal of whole wheat pancakes and egg substitute scrambled with chopped ham, and steaming cups of fresh-made coffee. The meal was very satisfying.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I settled in to watch our favorite college basketball team play to a win.

Funny: on our way to the beauty shop this morning, we pulled up behind an 18-wheeler stopped at a traffic light. On the lower left hand corner of the trailer was a sign with an arrow pointing left. It said "Passing side." On the right hand corner, with an arrow pointing right, a sign warned, "Suicide."

0 comments: