Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday, April 12

Today is Granddaughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Granddaughter!

Up around 7:30 on this glorious morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

Around 9 a.m., Hubbie ran errands...to get the oil changed in the van, and meet a dental appointment. Mother came over around that same time and continued working on her jigsaw puzzle.

I didn't do anything major for the rest of the morning...checked and responded to e-mails, visited my social network site, made phone calls to scrapbook club members to find out if anyone would be able to meet on our usual meeting date (which this month is the Thursday before Easter), searched my greeting card stash and found a suitable one for Great-Grandson's upcoming fifth birthday, and changed the sheets on the spare room bed.

Since Mother hadn't seen last night's episode of "Dancing with the Stars," I played it for her from the DVR. She began watching it at 11:30, so I fixed us a lunch of chicken salad sandwiches and leftover chicken noodle soup and joined her in watching the show for the second time.

Afterward, I made a bowl of fruited Jell-o, and then gathered three sweet potatoes from a box full we'd bought at the WDCS for ten cents a pound back in the fall. Mother and I also shucked the last ears of corn from Son's 2010 summer garden, while Hubbie shredded a head of cabbage in the food processor. The potatoes (baked), the cabbage (sauteed), and the corn-on-the-cob, along with sliced tomatoes, was delicious for supper.

Mother went home after supper, and around 7 p.m., I attended a community theater board meeting. I took along a large bag of fabric, given to us by our friend who is cleaning closets. The theater is always interested in fabrics of all sorts for making costumes.

The meeting ended around 8:15, and I was back home a few minutes later. Hubbie had watched a movie on DVD while I was gone, but it was over at about the same time I came in the door, so we watched the elimination episode of "Dancing with the Stars," which I'd recorded on DVR. As often happens, the couple eliminated were not the ones I thought would go.

0 comments: