Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, April 13

Had one of those nights when I couldn't go to sleep. Finally drifted off around 3:30 a.m., only to be awakened by the house trembling. Earthquake? Well, there was no news of an earthquake, so maybe it was just a train rumbling down the tracks a few miles south of us. Or maybe I was dreaming.

I got up around 7:30, though I certainly didn't want to. I had trouble getting my day started, and didn't get on the treadmill till around 9 a.m.

Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and worked on her jigsaw puzzle. Hubbie took Shih Tzu to the vet, because she's having bowel problems. He gave her a medication for it. I dragged myself through the rest of the day doing this and that, but not accomplishing much of note.

Later, Mother put a pot of vegetable soup on to simmer, which we had for supper after I got back from a 5 p.m. visual arts committee meeting.

Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched TV, including the 2007, unrated movie, "Death Defying Acts," starring Catherine Zeta Jones and Guy Pearce. In 1920, a woman con artist psychic and her daughter set out to scam Houdini. The woman bears an uncanny resemblance to Houdini's late mother, whom he worshipped. Romance ensues. This movie is billed as historical drama, though I don't know how much of it is based on facts.

0 comments: