Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday, June 14

Today is Flag Day, so the first thing Hubbie did this morning was put the flag out on the well house.

I was up around 7:30, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I called the scrapbook club members to remind them of our Thursday meeting. One of the ladies loves to talk, so she chatted for well over thirty minutes. I thought my ear would fall off. This lady has been having problems dizzy spells, so she doesn't know if she'll attend the meeting or not. I left a message with the other one, and she called back later to say she plans to be there.

After that, I typed some journaling information to add to scrapbook pages I'm working on. I think I have enough materials to complete two or three pages. Mother will work on pages she started last month.

Then I spent the rest of the morning putting things back in order in the living room and dining room. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the bank, to a gas station, to a grocery store, and to the WDCS.

Funny: As I was waiting, along with several other women, to be served at the deli meat counter, an ample young woman with three small children arrived. At one point, she bent over to talk to one of her children...treating us to a view of a portion of her tattooed backside, where her pants and her shirt failed to meet. In unison,the rest of us instinctively tugged at the backs our shirts.

Mother spent the morning at her house cleaning and chopping green onions from the garden, and bagging them for the freezer. She came over after we got back home, and helped prepare veggies for supper...we had steamed new potatoes, a combination of sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, and macaroni and cheese. I did a poor job of planning this high-carb meal, but it tasted really good, anyway.

Mother went home right after supper, Hubbie went to work in the yard again, and I went to a community theater board meeting at 7 p.m. Tonight the meeting was held at the organization's workshop and costume storage building, which was oppressively hot, because apparently the air conditioner is on the blink. We usually meet at a member's home, but she is on vacation this month.

The meeting ended around 8:30, and when I got back home, Hubbie and I watched another ridiculous Syfy Channel movie...the 2009 "Ice Twisters," starring no one we know. A scientist turned science fiction author writes about a disaster that comes to pass, because weather experiments by a federal science agency go wrong. Of course, the scientist/writer is the only one who can save the day.

0 comments: