Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday, July 20

Up at 6:30 this morning, so I could get ready to go to water aerobics, where the water was heavenly, as usual. Today, 25 of us attended the session. Toward the end of the session, we learned that next week the pool will be used for Special Olympic competitions at our regular hour, so we have been given the option of having our session at 7:30 a.m. Guess I can manage that, if I skip breakfast on Monday and Wednesday. I'll have to miss the next two Fridays anyway, due to previous plans. But I don't want to miss four days of swimming over the next couple of weeks!

While I was gone, Hubbie and Mother took the cut flowers, flower arrangement, and baked goods to the fair. For some reason, Hubbie and I thought these could be entered anytime between 8 a.m. and noon, but the time was actually from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., because judging started at 9 a.m. If Mother hadn't come over at 8:30 and reminded Hubbie of the correct time, we'd have missed the boat on those entries. As it was, they got everything entered with just five minutes to spare. That'll teach us to check the fair book more closely next year, if we decide to enter anything.

Mother stayed home this morning after she and Hubbie got back from the fairgrounds, but came over after lunch. We gathered various colors of card stock and other supplies for a scrapbook club meeting tomorrow afternoon. One of the members is going to bring her Cricut machine for us to play with, and I'll take rubber stamps and punches. Hopefully, we can make a few cards for Caring Hands Hospice.

We didn't accomplish much else for the afternoon. For supper, we had BLT's, and macaroni and cheese, using whole wheat macaroni. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched one-hour shows that I'd recorded on DVR, this time from USA channel.

0 comments: