Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday, Sept. 18

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises, as I frequently do on Sundays. Mother came over around 9 a.m.

I asked Hubbie to go out to the shed and bring in a tote of fall decorations before it started raining. He declared that he didn't think rain was forecast for today, whereupon it immediately started raining. He hurried to the shed and brought in the tote.

When I came downstairs after getting ready for the day, I found that Hubbie had already cleared the mantel of birdhouses and other bird decorations and had dusted it. I'd planned to wait until after lunch to put up the fall decorations, but since the mantel was already cleared, I went ahead and decorated it.

In the meantime, Mother had prepared barbecued pork chops and baked sweet potatoes for our lunch. After lunch, I continued with my usual Sunday routine of washing a few loads of clothes, programming the DVR for the week's shows and movies, reading the Sunday newspaper, etc.

Mother stayed for a while after lunch, and the three of us enjoyed visiting over cups of coffee. Around 1:30, Mother went home, and Hubbie and I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.

We watched a movie on DVD that I picked up for $3 a couple of years ago, but just never got around to viewing. It's called, "Evening," a 2007 film starring Vanessa Redgrave, Glenn Close, and Meryl Streep (in a cameo role). A dying woman (Redgrave) reviews with her two daughters her romantic past, when she and her best friend were in love with the same man in the 1950s. It's a very touching and emotional movie.

We followed that with a Lifetime Movie Network feature, "Nora Roberts Blue Smoke," about a youngster who witnessed the burning of her family's business, and then as an adult becomes a police arson detective, who is stalked by a guy who kills by fire the men she falls in love with.

0 comments: