Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday, Oct. 14

Woke up around 6:30 this morning, but since Hubbie was snoozing peacefully, I stayed abed until he woke up at 7:30. After breakfast, we went for a bike ride. The weather is just perfect right now for riding, or just for being outdoors.

Along the way today, we found that there was a garage sale going on at one of the homes, so we stopped to look around. I found a blouse I think Mother will like, and a crocheted top for myself. The top is dark green and will work well over a turtleneck shirt.

Back home, I accompanied Mother to our house, and then I got ready for the day. While I was doing that, Hubbie peeled potatoes and sliced them in the food processor, for making potato soup. Mother sliced onions, carrots, and celery and added the carrots and celery to the potatoes, which Hubbie put on to boil.

The veggies were tender by the time I got downstairs, so I sauteed the onions, added milk and flour, plus the cooked veggies and the water they were boiled in, to the pot. This is the first time I can remember when it took all three of us to prepare one pot of soup!

Mother spent the rest of the day relaxing after that, while Hubbie and I did various tasks related to an upcoming camping trip. Later, while Mother watched a movie on DVR, we ran errands...to the barbecue restaurant, and to the WDCS, where, among other items, I picked up a couple of fresh pineapples.

Back home, we continued tasks related to the trip. For supper, I fixed sauteed potatoes, and scrambled egg substitute with ham, and rye bread. For dessert, we enjoyed slices of of the pineapple that Hubbie had cut up earlier. The pineapple is absolutely wonderful. Since they are on sale at the WDCS, I might go back and buy some more of them.

After supper, I accompanied Mother home, and then Hubbie and I watched TV, including the 2009 movie "Solitary Man," starring Michael Douglas. A 60-year-old man's life starts going down the tubes because of his shady business dealings, romantic indiscretions, and a threat to his health.

0 comments: