Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday, Oct.15

Hubbie was up at 7 a.m., but I slept until nearly 8 a.m. After breakfast, we went for a bike ride. There was a lot more traffic on the road today...I guess because it's Saturday. I'll have to remember that, and save my bike riding for weekdays, and maybe Sundays. Of course, the weatherman predicts sharply cooler weather next week, so I might not want to ride at all.

When we got back from our ride, I accompanied Mother to our house, and then I got ready for the day. Spent part of the morning doing things related to our trip. Daughter, who is going with us, called around 10 a.m. to say that she was still doing the things she needed to do to prepare for the trip, and she would be up here later in the afternoon.

Before lunch, Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands...to a grocery store to pick up cottage cheese and bread, and to the WDCS for a few grocery items for the trip. At the WDCS, we bought three more pineapples. They are so good that we ate one of the two we bought yesterday.

At the register, though, the fruit rang up at it's original $2.98 each price, and Hubbie was quick to say that the sign over the pineapples stated that they are $1.75 each. The clerk didn't quibble. He just corrected the price. It reminded us that we always need to watch the register as items are checked to make sure we're getting them at the correct price.

Yesterday, when we were at that store and rang up our own purchases at the self-checkout, we had trouble figuring out how to ring up the sweet potatoes. Hubbie had decided we'd have to pay the regular 98 cents a pound for them, but when the clerk came to help us, I told him that another grocery store had them priced at 43 cents a pound. He didn't quibble, either, even though it required that he go to his register and get a key card to enter the new price.

Back home, we continued doing things related to the trip. Daughter arrived around 2:30 p.m., and loaded her stuff into the camper. Then she visited with Mother, while I made a tour of the yard and took pictures of the changing leaves, the potted mums, and some wildflowers growing in a ditch alongside our yard.

I uploaded the snapshots to my social network page as soon as I came back to the house. The leaves have just begun turning in our part of the state, but I'm hoping that colors will be more prevalent in Branson, several hours away.

Daughter has a virus or viruses in her laptop computer, so she spent a few hours this afternoon visiting her social network page on my office computer.

Around 3:30, I put potatoes in the oven to bake, and then played on my laptop, while Mother worked puzzles in the living room, and Hubbie did things related to the trip, like filling the truck with diesel, putting our bikes on the camper, and Daughter's bike in the back of the truck, and getting ice chests ready.

Later, we had the baked potatoes with barbecue pork sandwiches and coleslaw for supper. Afterward, we watched a one-hour show, and then Daughter accompanied Mother to her house. When she returned, we watched the 1997 movie, "Snow White: a Tale of Terror," starring Sigourney Weaver and Sam Neil. Based (more authentically, its said) on the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tale, this movie is rated "R" for violence and adult content.

0 comments: