Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday, Nov. 18

Up at 6:30 to help Mother come to the den. Once we'd had breakfast, I got ready to go to water aerobics. Br-r-r, cold morning. Needed my coat and gloves.

I was a little late getting around this morning, so by the time I arrived at the college, all the parking spaces were full in the lot I usually visit. Besides that, one section of the lot was blocked off for some reason. So I headed up the hill to the lot near the student union/dining hall (that burned months ago), where there were three parking spaces left.

The pool was very warm today, at 88 degrees. The lap swimmers complained about it, so it will probably be chilly on Monday. I thought we would not be meeting on Monday, but learned this morning that we will, though there will be no aerobics on Wednesday.

The lady I stand next to in aerobics, who did not attend on Wednesday, was there today. Wednesday, several women asked me where this lady was. Why would folks think I know? I don't socialize with the lady outside of aerobics.

This morning, I mentioned to the lady that I'd been asked about her absence, and commented that apparently she has been laboring under the misguided notion that it's none of my business what she does when she doesn't attend sessions. She laughed and explained her absence.

Today, then, the lady that I swim with in the deep end of the pool before aerobics was absent today. Naturally, several folks asked me where she was. I don't know, but I'll have to chastise her if she attends Monday, and remind her that I'm to know when and why she might be absent.

Back home, after warming up with a hot cup of coffee, I got ready for the day. Around 10:30, the nurse came to take Mother's vitals and make sure she wasn't in pain, was eating sufficiently, etc.

Following lunch, around 1:30, the therapist came and spent a half hour helping Mother exercise. After he left, Mother opted to watch a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie, while Hubbie and I ran errands.

We started at the Caring Hands office, where I dropped off the stack of Christmas cards that our scrapbook club had made. While there, I was given a flier announcing the home medical services Christmas party, scheduled for Dec. 9.

From there, we went to the hydroponic farm to buy tomatoes. Then to the art gallery, where I retrieved the Christmas ornaments I'd painted Tuesday night. I'll remove the designs and try to paint something more appealing (with Sis's help).

At the gallery, I picked up a flier announcing the Christmas cookie house workshop that I'll be leading the first weekend in December. We dropped the flier off at the Caring Hands office, because several of the ladies have children who attended last year and might be interested in attending this year.

Our last stop was the WDCS to get last-minute groceries for the weekend. Back home, Mother went to the kitchen to chop onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms for Ziplock bag omelets. Hubbie peeled and sliced potatoes to be sauteed in onions. After that, I cooked the omelets and the potatoes, and baked a can of biscuits for supper.

Mother ate a generous portion of the food. But since she'd been up all day, she was ready for bed by 6:30. Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV, including our favorite college basketball team as they played to a disappointing loss.

0 comments: