Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday, Nov. 13

Woke up at 6 a.m. this morning. Mother was awake, too, and had been for a while, I guess. Got her settled in the den, and then we waited an hour for Hubbie to come downstairs.

After breakfast, Mother used her walker as I walked behind her to go to the kitchen and slice onions and apples (that Hubbie had peeled) for a pork chop oven dish. She sat at a small table in the kitchen to do this. I gathered measuring cups, spoons, and ingredients for her to put the dish together. Then I refrigerated the dish to be put in the oven later.

After that, I peeled onions and washed celery for her to dice. These I sauteed in butter until tender. When the onions and celery cooled, I put them in a storage bag for the freezer. We'll use these in the dressing at Thanksgiving.

After that, Mother used her walker to go back to her rocking chair in the den to relax until lunchtime.

While she rested, Hubbie put color in my hair. I spent the 25 minutes while the color worked to do a few household chores, including gathering laundry to be washed later.

After I'd showered, I put on a swimsuit and helped Mother take a shower. Once I was ready for the day, it was time to put the pork chops in the oven. While lunch cooked, we watched a Hallmark Channel 2010 Christmas movie.

The pork chops were delicious served with leftover rice, canned green beans, and the last of the yeast rolls.

Following lunch, Mother went back to the kitchen, where she helped me put together a recipe of ginger snap cookies. We finished this project around 2:30, and decided to sample the cookies with cups of the chai tea I made yesterday.

Tummy full, Mother was then ready for an afternoon nap. Hubbie and I spent the afternoon watching TV, including a 2001 nature documentary called, "Winged Migration." This excellent film was shot over the course of three years and seven continents. The film featured many migrating birds, and spectacular scenery.

Mother was ready to get up and have supper around 5:30. She chose the leftover eggs in white sauce over toast, with a side of canned sliced peaches. Hubbie had a barbecue sandwich, and I had a fried egg sandwich.

Then we watched another Hallmark Channel Christmas movie. By 8:30, Mother was ready for bed again. She'd had a pretty active day.

0 comments: