Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, Nov. 12

Woke up at 6 a.m. and found that Mother was awake, too, and ready to come to the den. Once I got her settled, though, I laid back down on the couch and drifted off to sleep again. Hubbie came down around 7 a.m., and I woke up briefly, but drifted off again and didn't wake up again until 8 a.m.

That's my usual way when there a crisis (such as Mother's illness)...I run full speed for several days in a row, then crash. After that, I'm good to go again for a while.

After breakfast, I helped Mother get seated in the kitchen, where she cut up bread to dry. The bread will be used to make dressing at Thanksgiving. While she did that, I walked on the treadmill and did weights exercises.

Afterward, Mother went back to the den, and I got ready for the day. Then I did this and that around the house until lunchtime.

After lunch, we watched a couple of one-hour shows. I made a batch of chai tea while we were doing that. Around 2 p.m., Mother was ready for a nap.

While she slept, I went to my office computer to do several things I've been putting off, including writing a letter to my friend who lives in Texas to include in a birthday card next week.

Mother slept until around 4 p.m. and then came back to the den. She is now using her walker to go back and forth from her bedroom to the bathroom and to the den, though I walk right behind her to make sure she doesn't fall.

Supper tonight was barbecue on buns, slaw, and corn-on-the-cob. Mother chose to have a hot dog on a bun instead of barbecue, but she ate servings of the slaw and corn with it.

Following supper, we watched a couple of Hallmark Channel movies..."The Christmas Visitor," and "Mistletoe over Manhattan." Mother was ready to go to bed afterward.

Once Mother was settled, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college football team play to a wide-margin win. I'd recorded the game on DVR.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

I'm so glad Mom is using the walker and trying to get around. I know she wants to get stronger, especially so she can go cuddle Snoops!

Sixty Something said...

Yes, I'm hoping the weather will hold, so Son and Grandson can build the ramp so we can get Mother to her house for a few hours a day.