Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday, Jan. 24

Today is Hubbie's and my 31st wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary to us!

Up around 7:30 on this sunny, but still chilly morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Then, once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house, while Hubbie ran a couple of errands. When he got back, he had a bouquet of gorgeous red roses for me. We'd exchanged cards earlier.

After a lunch of leftovers, I visited Mother for a while. Didn't do much else for the afternoon, except complete the word search puzzle contest. Around 3 p.m., Hubbie and I ran errands...to the Literacy Council office to pick up level three instruction books; to the everything's a dollar store; to the WDCS; to the newspaper office to submit the word search puzzle; and to a grocery store to pick up a Red Box movie ("Water for Elephants").

It was around 4:30 by the time we got back home. I changed clothes for going out to dinner with Hubbie. We went to a newly built steak house, where we both ordered sirloin steaks, baked potatoes, and salad. My steak was fine, except for being a bit salty, but Hubbie's was somewhat tough. Neither of us was able to finish our food. So we brought portions of steak home, where I'll slice it thin and prepare it with onions and peppers for a meal later this week.

Back home, after we'd watched the evening news and "Wheel of Fortune," which I'd recorded on DVR, and after Hubbie finished a 30-minute phone conversation with his sister, I started the movie we'd rented.

I read "Water for Elephants" on my e-reader, and was anxious to see how the movie squared with the book. The movie started where the book ended, and a lot that's in the book isn't in the movie. As usual, the book is better, but the movie is okay, and Hubbie enjoyed it a lot.

0 comments: