Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday, Feb. 3

Since the college pool was closed today, and it was a very rainy morning, we slept late, until around 8:30. After breakfast, I did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises.

Mother stayed home today, of course. On rainy days like this, it's too risky for her to try to walk across the yard.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that until lunchtime. But after lunch, I did very little other than reading "Anna Karenina," on my e-reader.

Funny: while I was reading, Hubbie ran a couple of errands, and after he'd been gone for about an hour and a half, I began to be concerned about him. So I called his cell phone.

"Where are you? Are you all right?" I asked, when I got an answer.

"I'm in Memphis, and I'm fine."

Memphis! What was he doing in Memphis? Then it dawned on me. I'd inadvertently dialed my son's number, instead of Hubbie's. Son is in Memphis competing in a band competition.

Lesson learned. I need to make sure I've touched the right name on my contact list before dialing! Son suggested that my smartphone might be smarter than I am, and I think he's right. Oh, well, it was pretty nice getting to chat with Son, anyway. And just before the end of our conversation, Hubbie walked in the door. All was well.

Around 4 p.m., I mixed a quadruple batch of whole wheat pancake batter, and Hubbie cooked them in an electric fry pan. I like to prepare a large batch of pancakes at once and then freeze them for future meals.

While Hubbie was cooking the pancakes, I put partial jars of jelly (peach and muscadine grape) and cherry preserves in a pan of hot water to melt, since they had turned to sugar after being opened. We used these liquified jellies in place of syrup on the pancakes we had for supper.

Hubbie took a serving of pancakes, the jar of peach jelly, and a couple of slices of turkey bacon to Mother for her supper.

After we'd cleaned the kitchen and prepared the pancakes for the freezer (by placing them individually between sheets of wax paper, and then putting them in freezer bags), I turned the TV off, and we read our novels for an hour.

Back to TV, we watched favorite one-hour shows until bedtime.

0 comments: