Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday, Feb. 19

Had one of those wide-awake nights again. Finally drifted off around 3 a.m. Got up around 8 a.m., but whenever I sat still today, I nodded off.

Skipped my exercises this morning. After breakfast, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. She and I worked together to put a chicken and rice casserole together. Mother chopped onions and bell peppers, and diced the cooked chicken. I prepared the rice and sauteed the veggies in olive oil, then mixed the ingredients together with garlic, spices, sour cream, spicy mustard, chicken broth, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.

The casserole was good at lunch, served with a side of English peas. After lunch, we watched "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown," that I'd recorded on DVR, but only got around to watching today. Then we watched the 2008 movie, "Odysseus: Voyage to the Underworld," based on Homer's forgotten adventure, "The Isle of the Mists," about an underworld queen and her winged harpies (huge and horrible vampire bats).

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon in lazy activities...he reading his novel, and I reading the Sunday newspaper and playing on my laptop.

Evening TV was a variety of one-hour shows.

It was good to see the sunshine today, though it was shivery cool outside.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

As the small town librarian asked me one time "Homer who?" LOL

Sixty Something said...

That's funny. You'd think the librarian would know, wouldn't you? LOL