Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday, June 2

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. After breakfast, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and then, since it was a lovely cool morning, he and I went for a bicycle ride. When we got back, I washed blackberries, and Mother bagged them for the freezer. Then I gathered what we'd need for making muscadine grape jelly.

By then, it was already lunchtime. I fixed Ramen Noodle for Mother, raisin bran cereal and toast for myself, while Hubbie finished the pimento cheese. Hubbie went out to work in the yard after that, and Mother and I made the jelly. We got four more pretty jars of it, plus almost a half pint to enjoy right away.

Since we had nothing of importance scheduled for the afternoon, we watched a movie from the DVR: the 2003 "Master and Commander: the Far Side of the World," starring Russell Crowe. This excellent historical movie is about a tough and demanding captain of a British ship, who, during the Napoleonic Wars, dares to go up against a formidable French war ship.

We followed that movie with a classic: Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo," starring Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. All the main characters in this 1958 film, except Novak, are gone now.

Supper tonight was the remainder of the leftovers from Memorial Day. I accompanied Mother home afterward. Then Hubbie and I watched the 2011 movie, "Adjustment Bureau," starring Matt Damon. This is a sci-fi thriller in which a politician and a dancer fall in love, but forces that guide human action try to keep them apart.





0 comments: